If you’re applying for a Canada visa, you’ll need to upload several documents as part of your application.
This can seem daunting because there are many documents to be uploaded, but we’re here to help.
In this post, we’ll walk you through the process of uploading your documents for a Canada visa application.
This guide covers how to upload documents for Canada visa application, how to upload multiple documents for Canada visa, the IRCC document checklist for visa application, and what you must not do when uploading your documents.
The process of uploading documents explained here can be applied by anyone including those uploading documents for visitor’s visas, student visas, and temporal visas.
We have previously explained how you can resize and merge your documents for uploading.
So, if you intend to resize and merge your documents, you can find how to do that here
IRCC document checklist for visa application
If you plan to visit Canada, you need to apply for a visa. The type of visa you need depends on the purpose of your visit.
For example, if you are visiting for business reasons, you need a business visa.
If you are visiting for tourism, you need a tourist visa.
Many requirements must be met when applying for a Canada visa.
The visa application must be completed and submitted along with all required supporting documents as stated by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
The documents and other requirements vary depending on the type of visa and situation of the applicant.
What are the documents required for a Canadian Visa
Depending on your type of visa, you should have every necessary document in order before starting your visa application.
The following is a list of documents that you need to submit as part of your visa application process:
- – A valid passport
- – A completed visa application form
- – Evidence of financial support
- – A Letter of Invitation from your host institution
- – Proof of academic qualifications
- – A photograph
- – The application fee payment evidence
- – Additional documents (if required)
Please note that this is just a general list of documents that you may need to provide.
Additional documents may be required depending on your circumstances.
If you have any questions about the documents required for your visa application, you can contact the Canadian visa office for more information.
How to upload documents for Canada visa
To upload your documents for Canada visa, follow the steps below.
1. Create an account via the application portal
Once you have done this, you will be able to log in and upload your documents.
2. Login into your visa application portal (or account)
To login into your visa application portal
- Enter your email address in the “Email Address” field.
- Enter your password in the “Password” field.
- Click the “Login” button.
Your username and password must be kept safe
3. Now you are logged in, Look for your application under View the applications you submitted
4. click on “View the applications you submitted.”
This will take you to a page where you can see all of the applications you have submitted.
5. Click on the application you would like to upload documents for.
6. On the next page, you will see a list of required documents.
7. Click “Upload” next to the document you would like to upload
8. Select the right document from where it’s saved on your device and hit the “upload” button.
By mail: Submitting your Canada visa documents by mail
Previously, submitting a Canada visa application by mail was accepted, but this is no longer the case unless stated in the application portal.
This change was made to streamline the process and ensure that all applications are submitted electronically.
If you are submitting a Canada visa application, you will need to do so through the application portal online.
You will not be able to submit your application by mail unless stated otherwise in the portal.
How to upload multiple documents for Canada visa
The process for uploading multiple documents for a Canadian visa application is as follows:
1. Gather all the required documents.
2. Make sure that each document is in PDF format (its best in PDF, other formats are also accepted but PDF is better) and less than 4MB in size.
3. Resize and merge all the documents you want to upload
You can read more on how to resize your documents here
4. log in to your account on the Government of Canada website or the application portal.
5. Look for your application and select the application you want to upload documents.
6. Click on the “Upload Documents” button in the left-hand menu of the application form.
7. Select the type of document you wish to upload from the drop-down menu.
8. Click the “Browse” button and locate the merged document on your computer.
9. Select the document and click the “Open” button.
10. Click the “Upload” button.
11. Review the documents you have uploaded and click on the “Confirm” button.
Must I upload my documents for Canada visa applications at once
Yes, you must upload all your documents for your Canada visa application at once.
This ensures that the Canadian authorities have all the information they need to assess your application at the same time.
It also saves time by not having to submit multiple documents at different times
In addition, it ensures that all your documents are received by the visa office at the same time, this will reduce the issue of missing any documents.
So if you are planning to apply for a Canadian visa, be sure to submit all your documents in one go.
It will save you time and hassle in the long run.
But while you are at it, ensure you submit all the documents, if you submit your application without all the required documents, it will likely be delayed.
Your documents should show
-Who you are (such as a birth certificate or passport)
-How you will support yourself and your family while you are in Canada
– your ties to your home country (such as a job offer or property ownership)
– That you have enough money to pay for your:
– Return the ticket to your home country
– Stay in Canada
– You have no criminal record
– You might pose a risk to Canada’s security
– you are in good health.
– You might not leave Canada at the end of your visit.
The clearer your documents make your mission in Canada, the fast your application is approved if you have passed all other eligibility criteria.