Dr. Qian (Vivian) Liu’s laboratory at the Institute of Parasitology at McGill university is recruiting highly motivated graduate students to work on virus biogenesis and super-resolution microscopy on M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. levels in 2023.
Dr. Liu is interested in understanding the interplay between viruses and the membrane-bound organelles, cytoskeleton, and physiological activities of the host cell, as it relates to the nature of virus infections, innate immune responses, and the structure and function of a cell.
Specifically, her research has been focused on mapping out the spatial and temporal organizations, dynamics, and stoichiometry of the virus-host interaction networks by using super-resolution microscopy and biomathematics approaches.
Summary of the opportunity
Category: M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. levels
Eligible Countries: All Countries
Reward: Full funded
Host country: Canada
This opportunity is open to only open to M.Sc. and/or Ph.D. students
Successful candidates will work on projects that address questions in virus assembly and budding.
A candidate will have access to
- Custom-built super-resolution microscopes that can be adapted to your own research purposes.
- A dynamic, highly motivated team with diverse cultures and
- Excellent core facilities equipped with cutting-edge
- Opportunities for attending international conferences.
- Applicants must have a strong interest and motivation in interdisciplinary research.
- Applicants must hold a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in cell biology, Virology, microbiology,
biophysics, biochemistry, molecular biology, immunology, or related fields by the time
of the program starts.
- You must have experience and knowledge in mathematical modeling and
computer programming is highly appreciated.
- Applicants must show proficiency in English writing and speaking.
- Applicants who are not Canadian permanent residents or citizens are encouraged to apply for external funding.
Not specified but it’s fully funded by Dr. Qian (Vivian) Liu’s laboratory.
- Curriculum vitae
- A statement of research interest
- Contact information of two references
See also: Why People are Leaving CanadaJoin our Social Media Community
How to apply
To apply, send your application in ONE -pdf file including your curriculum vitae, a statement of research interest (one
paragraph), and the contact information of two references to Dr. Liu at email@example.com.