University of Calgary International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarship for International students
Are you an International student with dreams of pursuing higher education in Canada and enjoying all that the country has to offer?
The University of Calgary is known for its outstanding academic programs, vibrant campus life, and a strong commitment to supporting students’ success.
And if you’re an IB student, you may be eligible for the prestigious University of Calgary International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarship, which can help you achieve your academic and career goals.
What is the University of Calgary International Baccalaureate Scholarship?
The University of Calgary International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarship is a merit-based scholarship that is awarded to exceptional students who have completed the IB diploma program and are planning to enroll in a program at the University of Calgary.
Read also: York University Scholarships for International Students
This scholarship is designed to recognize your academic achievements, leadership potential, and community involvement and provide you with financial support to pursue your studies at one of Canada’s top-ranked universities.
Benefits of the University of Calgary international baccalaureate scholarship
The Scholarship offers numerous benefits to its recipients, including:
- Financial Support: It provides a significant amount of financial support toward the recipient’s tuition fees, helping to reduce the financial burden of pursuing higher education.
- Prestigious Recognition: Being awarded the University of Calgary IB Scholarship is a prestigious recognition of your academic achievements, leadership skills, and community involvement, which can enhance your resume and open doors to future opportunities.
- Networking Opportunities: As a scholarship recipient, you have the opportunity to connect with fellow scholars, alumni, and university faculty, creating valuable networking opportunities that can benefit you during your academic and professional career.
To be eligible for the University of Calgary International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria:
- Completed the IB Diploma Program: You must have completed the IB diploma program, including all six subjects, the extended essay, and the theory of knowledge (TOK) component.
- Applied for Admission to the University of Calgary: You must have applied for admission to a program at the University of Calgary as an international student and have received an offer of admission or have already accepted an offer of admission.
- High Academic Achievement: You must have a minimum admission average equivalent to an IB score of 38 or higher.
- Leadership and Community Involvement: You must demonstrate leadership potential and community involvement through extracurricular activities, volunteer work, or other achievements.
The application process for the University of Calgary International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarship is straightforward, but it requires careful attention to detail.
Here’s an overview of the application process:
- Apply for Admission to the University of Calgary: Before you can apply for the scholarship, you need to apply for admission to a program at the University of Calgary as an international student.
You can do this through the university’s online application portal.
- Obtain an IB Transcript: You need to request an official IB transcript from the International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO) to demonstrate that you have completed the IB diploma program.
- Prepare Supporting Documents: You need to prepare supporting documents, such as letters of recommendation, a personal statement, and evidence of your leadership potential and community involvement.
- Apply for the IB Scholarship: Once you have received an offer of admission or have already accepted an offer of admission to the University of Calgary, you can submit your scholarship application.
The application process involves submitting additional documentation, such as an essay, reference letters, or proof of IB Diploma completion and predicted scores.
You also need to provide information about your academic achievements, extracurricular activities, and community involvement.
- Submit the Scholarship Application: You can submit the IB Scholarship application online through the University of Calgary’s scholarship application portal.
Be sure to follow all the instructions and provide all the required information accurately and thoroughly.
- Wait for the Outcome: After submitting your IB Scholarship application, you need to wait for the university’s decision.
The selection process involves evaluating your academic achievements, leadership skills, community involvement, and other criteria.
If you are awarded the scholarship, you will be notified by the University of Calgary.
- Accept the Scholarship: If you are offered the IB Scholarship, you need to accept it by the specified deadline, following the instructions provided by the University of Calgary.
You may also need to provide additional documentation or complete other requirements to finalize the scholarship acceptance.
To start your application for the University of Calgary International Baccalaureate (IB) Scholarship, click here.